Monday 20 October 2014

clem onyeka Tears for Clem Onyeka

Following the tragic death of Nollywood actor, Clems Onyeka, whose life was brutally cut short during a cross fire between armed robbers and policemen on October 14, while driving to a movie location with a colleague, Zubechi Onyia, in Asaba, the Delta State capital, tributes have been pouring in for the actor who is survived by a wife and three kids.

When contacted on phone, Zubechi, who narrowly escaped death and who is currently recuperating at an undisclosed hospital in the state capital said: “I am sad that Clem died when he should be celebrated as the best up-and-coming actor this year. It was painful watching Clem die! I am still in shock. I pray God gives his wife and kids the fortitude to bear this loss. Nollywood will miss you. Clem; goodbye.”

Meanwhile, The Entertainer went to town and indeed it was an outpouring of grief for the fallen actor.

He was like a brother-Mac Col­lins Chidiebere -film maker

He is my friend, colleague and brother. I have always desired to help him grow. He was on my last two jobs and he was supposed to shoot his last scene yesterday evening in a village in Asaba before the incident. I am heartbroken that a promising young man full of life was cut down by stray bullets. I will miss you my friend and brother. May God give your family the fortitude to bear the loss; rest in peace!

This is a sad lose –Emma Ehumadu-actor

It is sad that he had to die so young but In all of these, we must remember the three sons and wife he left behind. Wherever he is, Clems is watching and he is hoping that as one family, we will do what is right. Adieu my colleague and friend.

I am still in shock-Ifeanyi Azodo

–film maker

The news of his death came as a big shock. It was an accident alright but why him? I knew him way back when he came in as a fresher, soon after he bolted and later came back, this time looking very prepared for the industry. Alas! Death, where is your sting? Nollywood has lost yet another promising star. Good night my friend.

This is sad-Lancelot Imasuen –film maker

My reaction is simple; I am sad, very sad that in this day and age, a young man’s life could be so violently terminated.

I have lost a close friend –Cyn­thia Onuoha-actress

I am completely broken. All we can do is see it through to the end and learn something from Clem’s death. Adieu Clem Onyeka.

He was my close friend –Collette Orji, actress

Clem was my friend, my colleague and someone I always enjoyed talking to. Waking up and getting the message that Clems Onyeka was dead broke my heart. My prayers are with his family. I’m going to miss Clem for a long time to come.

He died doing what he loved doing best –Chigozie Atuanya, actor

He was a good, fun loving and upright fellow. The last time we saw in Enugu, we discussed how we were going to make a block buster movie but look at now death has taken him away from his loved ones and his dreams. His hopes and wishes were terminated by the robbers and the Nigeria Police. But he died doing what he loved doing best, acting. Adieu my dear colleague!

I am still in shock –Chinyere Nwabueze-actress

I am still in shock; this is really sad. We need government to intervene and let justice take its cause; his killers must be brought to book. Who will father his three sons and take care of his young widow. Clem, you were a loving actor and everyone close to you can attest to it. Adieu!

His death is unfortunate – Charles Awurum, actor

It is an unfortunate situation and Nollywood is sad! We never envisaged he would pass on at a time his career was beginning to pick up. He was a fine gentleman, and an ambitious and tal­ented actor. We pray that God gives his family the fortitude to bear this loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment